Posted on Leave a comment

What’s Alcohol Poisoning?

Alcohol poisoning is one of the results that may result from drinking too much of alcohol in just a short-period of time. Alcohol poisoning can be a result of binge drinking; the consumption of five or more drinks in a short period of time. When we binge drink this way, or drink too excessively for the own devices, the liver cannot process most of the alcohol that’s been taken into the system fast enough. This causes the excess alcohol to become introduced into the blood stream, which then flows to the mind, affecting the neurochemistry. Many functions can be affected by this in the body. Since alcohol is actually a depressant, lots of alcohol can result in the suppression of 1 or even more vital systems, such as the respiratory system. Alcohol is usually metabolized in the liver at the price of one ounce every 90 minutes. This may be the equivalent of a two-ounce mixed drink, one beer or even a regular size glass of wine. This is the rate a healthy liver functions. Any kind of liver disease could be in a position to metabolize alcohol far more slowly.

Alcohol poisoning can result in respiratory failure, liver failure, or heart failure, and represses natural reactions. For instance, many individuals with liquor poisoning are so intoxicated that they don’t have a gag re-flex, which can lead them to asphyxiate on their own vomit if they regurgitate while they’re unconscious.

What is alcohol poisoning? How do we recognize it? What do we do when we recognize it? There are lots of different symptoms the period to an instance of alcohol poisoning. These signs may include:

* Confusion and stupor

* Vomiting

* Seizures

* Slowed breathing or abnormal breathing

* Skin that becomes blue-tinged or light

* Lowered body temperature, also hypothermia

* Unconsciousness with little to no success of awakening

If these symptoms are found in someone you know, you should seek medical assistance immediately. Alcohol poisoning treatment consists of breathing support and administration of fluids and vitamins to remove alcohol from the system.

Until medical assistance arrives, it’s vital that you keep anyone with alcohol poisoning if they’re conscious sitting in one place. Don’t provide them with coffee or caffeine as this contributes to further contamination. Give water to them if they may take it. Turn them on their side; do not allow them to sit on their backs, If they’re passed out.

Sufficiently high quantities of alcohol in the body may cause coma or death. Acute alcohol poisoning is recognized as a medical emergency.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.