Posted on Leave a comment

Different Kinds of Depression Treatments

The growing cases regarding the problem of depression has been a problem in the many different present societies. The United States of America has been shelling out $3-$6 billion dollars a year for the recovery of depression. Depression has been predicted to be one of the top five reasons of the world’s disability on the year 2020.

For every year, there is an estimated population of about 60% of people with depression that comes to seek depression treatments. What happens to the remaining 40%? They continue suffering from depression. These 40% will not care. As obvious, those individuals who doesn’t show any care by looking for depression treatments will be more intensely impaired as compared to those who have been looking for depression treatments. Those people who have seek the help of depression treatments will just count a couple of years in order for them to recover.

Depression actually has many available treatments. For the majority of people with depression, these depression treatments have been prove to work. Depression is known to be such a disorder that impairs an individual but with the many depression treatments that can work for anyone, it can always be conquered. Depression can always be controlled. Controlling can be by means of treating it biologically or psychologically.

Biological treatment uses drugs to help people who are in depression. These drugs are of several types. Since 1960s, there are effective drug treatments that are already available to help people with depression. For the recent years, there have been a rising number of discovered drugs that can treat depression. There are three popular types of drugs that are known to treat depression. These drugs are called tricyclic antidepressants,monoamine oxidase inhibitors, and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. However,there are still available drugs other than these three.

Tricyclic antidepressant drugs works to help people with depression by reducing its symptoms. In about 60% of depressed people, this drug is known to be effective in relieving acute symptoms of depression. There is just a downside to using these kinds of antidepressant drugs. It causes one’s mouth to dry, causes an individual to perspire severely, it causes one’s vision to get blurry, causes retention and sexual dysfunction.

On the other hand, monoamine oxidase inhibitors works the same as tricyclic antidepressant drugs. However,monoamine oxidase inhibitors gives off a more dangerous side effects. These effects are known to be lethal. It can cause damage to the liver and can take one’s blood pressure to a higher level.

Lastly, the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) is one of the newest classes of antidepressant to be discovered. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors works similarly as tricyclic antidepressants and monoamine oxidase inhibitors. However, the good thing is SSRI’s side effects are less dangerous.

Psychological treatments helps people with depression by overcoming the factors that causes an individual to be diagnosed as depressive. Psychological treatments of depression have three factors: behavior therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and interpersonal therapy. Behavior therapy teaches the person skills in helping rise above new situations and engaging more in activities that gives pleasant emotions that helps people with depression to cheer up. The process of changing the wrong patterns of thinking of an individual that is able to cause the depression while teaching them new positive skills is what cognitive-behavioral therapy is all about. On the other hand, interpersonal therapy helps the individual in changing relationship patterns that creates dysfunction.

The negative effects of depression is a burden that should not be carried. There are a lot of depression treatments available for anyone who wants to recover from depression. You can always find it everywhere provided that you really are looking. Everything always starts with a choice.

Depression treatments are very accessible to help you in your battle against depression.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.