Without the right external intervention, there will only very few people that will be able to stop alcohol addiction. People like these need professional help, especially the life saving services that only alcohol rehab facilities provide.
Alcohol rehabilitation facilities create a safer place for people who are addicted to alcohol. For these alcohol addicts, rehab centers are a caring environment where a patient can overcome both the physical and the psychological addiction to alcohol. The process of treating alcohol addiction includes detoxification and counseling, and most of the time, the support of fellow recovering addicts who are enrolled in the program as well.
What Happens During an Alcohol Rehabilitation Treatment?
Patients who have a minimal idea on what happens when on alcohol rehabilitation program tend to do well in the program due to the reason that they are more more comfortable when they go into the facility, therefore able to hit the ground running as far as their recovery is concerned.
Here is a list of some information that might help you in your preparation upon entering an alcohol rehabilitation program. This information are designed to give you an overview here view about the different parts of the alcohol rehabilitation process. These things will apply in one way or another even though every rehabilitation program has its uniqueness.
• The Process of Consultation and Diagnosis – This is the first step, also known as the admission process where one enters the facilities of an alcohol rehab center. This is where a warm and friendly admissions staff of the facility asks questions about the individual’s background and tells, in full detail, how the rehabilitation program will go. At the same time, it is also in this stage where the individual is free to ask questions about the program and what they are about to put their self into.
• Detox – the moment the individual is accepted in the program, he or she is then prepared for detox. Before one can start getting the care as part of the alcohol rehabilitation program, he or she is required to go through the detoxification process first. Alcohol detox – sometimes referred as drying out – is the phase where patients are freed from all of the harmful alcohol substances in their body. It is on this stage of the program where uncomfortable (and sometimes painful) withdrawal symptoms happen. With this reason, there is constantly a medical or a counseling professional in the team that will help the individual make it through.
• Counseling Process – this process plays a potent role in all recovery program, and oftentimes, it is dubbed as the heart and the soul of the entire rehabilitation procedure. During counseling, recovering addicts work with counselors and their peers in order to cut to the heart of their problem and learn from each other techniques for staying sober. Alcoholism is a psychological addiction as much as it is a physical one, and through counseling, the patient will be able to address this aspect of the illness.
• The Process of Aftercare – the moment the patient leaves the alcohol rehabilitation center, he or she is still prone to face challenges in terms of maintaining their sobriety. Distractions and temptations are there everyday. That is why aftercare programs such as 12-step meetings, follow-up counseling and sober living help the patient make the full transition back into his or her daily life as smooth as possible.
• Health related programs – the good health of the recovering addict is as vital as anything that they will get during rehab. That is why, most alcohol rehab programs consist of exercise, yoga, meditation, or nutritional counseling as an element of the recovery plan. The idea behind these programs is this: when you enhance the body, the mind will follow.
Alcohol rehab is one of the bets cure for alcohol addiction